Saturday, July 30, 2011

Another Transition and a New Season of Life...

by Shelley Hitz

Today is another turning point for our ministry. For the last year and a half, I have been transitioning out of my Physical Therapy job in order to travel and minister together with CJ.  Last January, I went part time and then last September, I officially resigned.  I still stayed on staff as prn, or on-call status. Well, with several staffing turnovers and two maternity leaves, I still ended up working almost part time hours over the last 10 months.

However, yesterday was my last day...I'm officially done.  The staff even had a small going away party for me. :)

And so this marks the beginning of another season of life:
  • We now have a RV to travel to speaking engagements
  • I'm officially finished with my P.T. job and have the flexibility to travel full-time
  • A friend of ours will be renting our house for a year and help pay our mortgage...
...and we are ready to go wherever God leads us!

It's hard to imagine that -- at some point -- we will actually be living in a small 20-foot Toyota RV. And yet it's exciting to know we now have the ability to go wherever God leads us.

On this first day of a new season of ministry and life, we were asked to be guests on "Prayer Surge Now." We were interviewed by Dai Sup Han and then several people on the call prayed for us. You can listen to the recording below. I could feel the Spirit moving as they prayed for us and tears began streaming down my eyes.

I have to admit that over the last several months, I've struggled with the sin of worry.  How will it all work out?  Will we still be able to pay all our bills?  And yet, God was reminding me that He is in control and I can trust Him.

This fall, we have speaking engagements locally in the mid-west.  Then, near the end of October, we'll pack up the RV and begin our journey.  Thank you for your prayers and support!

Prayer Surge Now Recording

3 comments:

  1. Shelley, I commit to pray for your husband and you! Who God calls, He equips! Love you!

    ~Crystal R. Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crystal! We really appreciate it :)

    ~Shelley~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is neat, Shelley. The Lord has great plans for you and husband together.

    ReplyDelete